When you use iHomCare, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information.
Last Modified: February 22, 2019
Effective Date: March1, 2019
Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to any users of iHomCare’s services anywhere in the world, including any users of iHomCare’s apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy applies to any users of the services of iHomCare or its affiliates anywhere in the world, and to anyone else who contacts iHomCare or otherwise submits information to iHomCare, unless noted below. This includes those who use iHomCare or its affiliates' services to:
- Request or receive transportation/ Ambulance (riders) or caregiver (hirers)
- Provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies (driver partners) or caregiver services individually or through partner caregiver (caregiver parteners)
- Request deliveries of goods or other items (delivery recipients)
- Provide delivery services (delivery partners)
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to iHomCare, such as when you create your iHomCare account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as iHomCare partners and third parties that use iHomCare’s API.
iHomCare collects the following categories of information:
- Information you provide
This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your iHomCare account, which depending on your location and the iHomCare services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, and photo
- Submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for driver partners)
- Consent to a background check (for driver partners where permitted by law)
- Request services through an iHomCare app or website
- Contact iHomCare, including for customer support
- Contact other iHomCare users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by iHomCare or on behalf of iHomCare
- Enable features that require iHomCare's access to your address book or calendar
- Information created when you use our services
- Location Information
Depending on the iHomCare services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, iHomCare may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner or caregiver, iHomCare collects location information when the iHomCare app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a rider or hirer, iHomCare may collect location information when the iHomCare app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, iHomCare may also collect this information when the iHomCare app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Riders or hirers and delivery recipients may use the iHomCare app without enabling iHomCare to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your iHomCare app. For example, if you do not enable iHomCare to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup or hire address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver or caregiver partner during your trip or care, even if you have not enabled iHomCare to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, hire caregiver and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage and Preference Information
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information
When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and text messages
We enable users to call or text each other through the iHomCare apps. To provide this service, iHomCare receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. iHomCare may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address book and calendar information
If you permit the iHomCare app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the iHomCare app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
- Information from other sources
These may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as as ratings or compliments
- iHomCare business partners through which you create or access your iHomCare account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use iHomCare's APIs or whose API iHomCare uses
- Insurance providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
- Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner)
- Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver partner who uses our services through an account associated with such a company)
- The owner of an iHomCare for Business or iHomCare Family profile that you use
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
iHomCare may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
iHomCare collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
iHomCare does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
iHomCare uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
iHomCare uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver partner or caregiver, refer a friend to iHomCare, split fares, or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalize your iHomCare account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from driver partners' or caregiver devices to identify unsafe driving or care behavior such as speeding or harsh braking or any care and acceleration, and to raise awareness among driver partners regarding such behaviors. This also includes, for example, our Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts driver partners to share a profile photo before going online. This helps ensure that the driver partner using the app matches the iHomCare account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Customer support
iHomCare uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
iHomCare uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver or caregiver partner may text or call a rider or hirer to confirm a pickup or hire location, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
- Communications from iHomCare
iHomCare may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. iHomCare may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. iHomCare may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of iHomCare's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of iHomCare’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
iHomCare may share the information we collect:
- With other users
- For example, if you are a rider or hirer, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by driver partners, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with driver partners. If you share an iHomCare POOL with another rider, that rider may be told your name and may see your pickup and/or dropoff or hire location.
- If you are a driver or delivery partner, we may share information with your rider(s) including your name and photo; your vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; your location; your average rating provided by riders; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The rider/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, a map of the route you took, and other transaction details.
- If you are a caregiver or any other professional partner, we may share information with your rider(s) or hirer(s) including your name and photo; your education qualification, working experience, special skilled, registration no(if required), Photo Id & Address(if required) or any other related to care services, your location; your average rating provided by hirers; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws).
- At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- iHomCare business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, iHomCare may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom iHomCare may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
- With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as iHomCare blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owner of iHomCare accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip or hire caregiver information with the owner of that profile profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A rider or hirer using your employer's iHomCare for Business profile
- A driver partner using an account owned by a partner transportation company
- A rider or hirer who takes a trip or care arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile
- With iHomCare subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, iHomCare may process or store information in the any country on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With iHomCare service providers and business partners
iHomCare may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, iHomCare may provide information to such parties to help facilitate insurance coverage, to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our services.
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
iHomCare may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect iHomCare's rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person's credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With your consent
iHomCare may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
iHomCare retains your information while your account remains active, unless you request deletion of your information or account. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
iHomCare retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, iHomCare deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, iHomCare may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- iHomCare may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if iHomCare shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, iHomCare may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new iHomCare account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
iHomCare provides means for you to see and control the information that iHomCare collects, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
The Privacy Settings menu in the iHomCare rider or hirer app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from iHomCare. Riders or hirers can also delete their iHomCare account from the Privacy Settings menu.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the iHomCare app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the iHomCare app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every trip or hire, driver or caregiver partners and riders or hirers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the trip or hire went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both driver or caregiver partners and riders or hirers. Your rider or hirer rating is available in the main menu of the iHomCare rider or hirer app. Your driver or caregiver partner rating is available in the Ratings tab of the iHomCare Partner app.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in iHomCare's apps. You can also look up your trips, hires, orders and deliveries history in the iHomCare apps. Marketing Opt-Outs
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from iHomCare. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from iHomCare by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or hires information about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the iHomCare apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.